We are all feeling the frustration of COVID-19. While we’re excited to be offering live classes, there is a degree of uncertainty that makes planning classes challenging. We’re coming back to do live classes on a smaller scale while we all essentially wait and see what happens.
One of the “bright spots” of these unusual times was our online classes. We have decided to keep our online classes are part of our offerings. These online classes are 100% supported by you, our community. Your donations go 100% to the instructors to help support their livelihood.
As of this writing, August 2021, here are our current COVID Policies:
COVID Policies for In-Person Classes
- All of our instructors are vaccinated.
- All students must provide proof of vaccination before or by the first class. A photo of your vaccination card suffices.
- We follow the mask mandate of the Chicago Park District. Currently, masks are required for indoor classes.
- Students are required to bring their own yoga mats and props. We have a list of recommended supplies here.
- If yoga classes are canceled due to restrictions after the quarter starts, classes will be moved online at the same time. There will be no refunds or pro-rating.
- If classes are canceled due to restrictions before the quarter starts participants will receive a full refund.
- Classes are held in large spaces to ensure 6 feet of social distancing.
We take all of our guidance from the CDC and the venues that we partner with. We understand everyone has different comfort levels with COVID. If our policies are uncomfortable, we encourage you to practice with us at home through our online classes.
We have both live online classes and recorded courses. The live classes are donation-based classes. All proceeds go directly to the instructor of your choice. We know times are tough; we operate on the honor system. Your donations help support instructors, many who have lost all forms of income during the pandemic.
We are also beginning to host online courses. These are currently hosted on Udemy. They can be practiced at your own pace and also have more activities and how to’s, which is nice because we often don’t have the luxury to work on some of those aspects in group classes.
Free Audio Meditations
We create more compassionate communities through mindfulness, yoga, and stress-reduction programs. It is becoming obvious that we need more of this in our current climate. We created free online recordings available through InsightTimer for those looking for practical meditations to help decrease your stress levels.
Personal connection is essential to our well being– the pandemic is bringing awareness to how much we are social creatures. That being said…..social media while it could be helpful, especially for video chat….it also brings a lot of distractions, noise, and unfortunately hate speech. We wanted to create an online community that was smaller, didn’t require people to sign up for social media, and to create more access to some of our educational content. Most importantly a space to be able to connect and support each other.
Our online community is supported through Mighty Networks, it is a private group where we can stay connected….but not overly connected. You’ll see our events, musings, and ability to interact with instructors. Once you register for an account, you can also download the Mighty Network app, and access our network on your devices.
We anticipate more changes and updates as we go along. Wherever you’re at and however you are, we sincerely hope you are doing as well as you can be.